Listen to the Episode:
Welcome to Episode 52 of the RetroWDW Podcast: “Twenty Questions” – We appreciate your support and hope you have been enjoying each and every episode. Be sure to check out some of our previous shows and also look into Twin Pines Chalet!
Corrections / Notes
- Our first set of corrections/notes comes from an anonymous source – after they listened to some of our previous episodes they had a few notes:
- From Episode #2 Amongst the Plexiglass Trees – The Contemporary – the third floor of the Contemporary Resort actually houses the restrooms for Chef Mickey’s and is accessed from the fourth floor. How explains the details.
- In our episode #39 – Preview Center and Hotel Plaza Boulevard – We forgot to mention that the Reedy Creek Improvement was housed in the preview center before they got their own building.
- We we were talking about touchscreens in our Communicore episodes (#38 – Communicore East & #42 – Communicore West) How gives us more info on where in WDW that specific early touchscreen technology is still in use today!
- Ryan R. writes in about how the Horizons Choose Your Own Ending videos were used in the exit of Tokyo DIsneyland’s Star Tours as other destinations you could “visit” on Star Tours! Watch the Video here.
- Alex Lewis writes in to tell us about an homage to Horizons in the Star Wars Launch Bay.
The mail bag is full and we love that! Every month, you can possibly get on the show, so be sure to write us at email@example.com.
- Mr. Williams asked if we could produce a second episode on WDW radio loops. JT & Todd give us details on when/if that will be coming up in the near future. We plan to review our stockpile and release a mini-episode soon.
- Michelle B. talks about staying at the Golf Resort back in 1976 when her dad was playing in a Walter Hagen Golf Championship. The guys talk about the Golf Resort pool and how similar it was to the fountains found in malls across America in the 1970s. Thanks for sharing this memory Michelle!
Questions, Comments & Concerns
We love feedback and hearing your memories!
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us and leave a voice mail at 978-71-RETRO. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Are you ready for our big event celebrating our 5th anniversary? No, well what are you waiting for? Head over to RetroMagic.net and grab your tickets before they’re all gone.
The Lake Buena Vista Historical Society cordially invites you to our 5th Anniversary Celebration:
Tickets are now on sale at this link:
- RetroMagic Celebration and Luncheon (Sunday October 13th) – 10a-5p, Contemporary Resort – Join us in the historic Ballroom of the Americas at the Contemporary resort for a day filled with stories and never before seen photos and artifacts from Disney legends, Cast Members, music and more!
EPCOT Forever VIP Reception and Viewing* (Saturday October 12th) SOLD OUT– Approx 8:30p-10:30p – Enjoy a beverage and selection of snacks on the shore of the World Showcase Lagoon for a once in a lifetime chance to watch the new nighttime show alongside all of our RetroMagic VIPs! (Includes admission RetroMagic Celebration on 10/13)
Tom K. Morris
|Michael Campbell||Tammy Tuckey|
|Jeff Blyth||Lisa Bastoni|
All presentation content is tentative and subject to change.
** Appearing via pre-recorded video interview
And grab some custom Magic Band covers for the event – including some RetroWDW, RetroMagic and Lake Buena Vista Historical Society stickers only available via MagicYourBand.com. Search for the keyword “Retro” to see all our designs:
Our audio rewind this month turned out to be Big Al from the Country Bear Jamboree – Thank you for all the guesses and emails.
We have a winner! Congratulations Christopher Smith! – you won a Vacation Kingdom Poster!
If you think you know the answer to this month’s audio rewind, email us! email@example.com – This month, the winner will be getting a Vacation Kingdom Poster & a DVD copy of the independent film, Walt’s Frozen Head – All entries due 10/13/2019 and a random winner will be selected.
This month the entire episode is dedicated to your questions! We opened up our floodgates to anybody and everybody. You all had the opportunity to send in questions, as us anything and possibly get on the show.
The event has taken a huge amount of time from all of us, so for this episode, we shoot from the hip a bit. Brian took the lead on this and we felt we could pull new questions, old questions and so much more. We even hit up some current topics at the Walt Disney World Resort, based on listener mail.
Some of the highlights include: Discussions on the ‘old imagination and ideas’ of Disney Parks coming back, the old discussion on the Paris sewer ride is brought back, Galaxy’s Edge, Roger Rabbit, The 1970s Gas Crisis, Missing Resorts, and ride operator costumes – just to name a few. We bring you this and so much more!
We hope you enjoy this unique topic and show idea! Thank you to all our fans and listeners for reaching out to participate. This is going to be a fun listen!
Be sure to get your shirt, iPhone case, tote bag, pillow or coffee mug today: www.retrowdw.com/supportus
Some of Our Latest Designs
- Join us next time for Episode 53. As we are hard at work on RetroMagic, please check for updates on when the next episode will release.
We thank you for your support and welcome you to enjoy all of our other offerings including our photos, restored films & The Lake Buena Vista Historical Society.
The underground sewer tour in Paris, France is actually referenced and Fred MacMurray experiences it for himself in the Disney film “Bon Voyage” (1962). In the movie it is a walking tour with no vehicles involved but Fred gets lost underground when he gets separated from his young son (Kevin Corcoran). It is a very funny sequence in the movie.