RetroMagic – A 5th Anniversary Celebration
The Lake Buena Vista Historical Society cordially invites you to our 5th Anniversary Celebration:
- RetroMagic Celebration and Luncheon (Sunday October 13th) – 9a-5p, Contemporary Resort – Join us in the historic Ballroom of the Americas at the Contemporary resort for a day filled with stories and never before seen photos and artifacts from Disney Legends, Imagineers, Cast Members, music and more!
- EPCOT Forever VIP Reception and Viewing* (Saturday October 12th) SOLD OUT– Approx 8:30p-10:30p – Attendee information and details has een communicated to ticket holders via email on 10/1 at 2:07pm EST. Check your inbox and spam folders; email firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive communication. Enjoy a beverage and selection of snacks on the shore of the World Showcase Lagoon for a once in a lifetime chance to watch the new nightime show alongside all of our RetroMagic VIPs! (Includes admission RetroMagic Celebration on 10/13)
Tom K. Morris
|Michael Campbell||Tammy Tuckey|
|Jeff Blyth||Lisa Bastoni|
Arrival & Ticketing
- Checking begins at 8:15am at the entrance to the Ballroom of the Americas
- Please bring your electronic or printed ticket for scanning.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times during the event and is your ticket for lunch.
- Doors open at 8:30am
- Please proceed to any un-reserved table
- We ask that you please be seated by 8:55am, we will begin promptly at 9am
- Service will begin at 11:45am in the hallway outside of the ballroom.
- You are welcome to take food back into the ballroom to enjoy at your table.
- Service will end at 1:15pm
- We would appreciate your consideration of the LBVHS hosts, staff and VIP presenters and their guests in allowing them a FastPass in the buffet line as our program schedule allows only a short break for them between presentations. Thank you in advance.
Guest Interaction Guidelines
- All of our guests and presenters may be willing to sign autographs, take photos or converse with you. We ask that you do so in a manner respectful to those on stage presenting.
- Some presenters may choose to spend time at a table specifically set away from the stage for the purpose of meeting fans. Others may interact less formally as they move through the ballroom during breaks.
- We ask that you do not approach any of the presenters while seated at their reserved tables during any of the presentations and that you do not interrupt them while they are eating lunch.
- We pride ourselves on making our VIPs available to meet and mingle with our supporters. Your cooperation will ensure this practice continues.
- 9:00 AM Welcome – Todd McCartney, How Bowers, JT Kuzior & Brian Miles
- 9:15 AM Shimmering, Glimmering: SpectroMagic & More – Disney Legend Ron Logan
- 10:00 AM Howdy Pardners! All Aboard The Fort Wilderness Railroad – Disney Historian Michael Campbell
- 10:30 AM Intermission I
- 10:40 AM Building The Vacation Kingdom of the World – Disney Legends Bob Gurr and Tom Nabbe
- 11:25 AM History In The Ballroom: President Nixon in the Ballroom of the Americas
- 11:35 AM History In The Baking: The Handwich
- 11:45 AM Be Our Guest: Lunch Break (Lunch service 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM)
- For your entertainment during lunch we will premier the finest uninterrupted Horizons ride-through film ever produced.
- 12:30 PM Cute Stories: A Talk with Disney Legend Rolly Crump
- 1:20 PM Finding The Dream – Original Dreamfinder Ron Schneider
- 1:50 PM Intermission II
- 2:00 PM “Two Brothers” – Performance and Chat conducted by Tammy Tuckey with original vocalist Ali Olmo
- 2:15 PM Get SMRT: Imagineering SMRT-1 & Other Wonders – Imagineer Jim Sarno
- 2:45 PM Imagineering The Future – Imagineer Tom K. Morris
- 3:30 PM Intermission III
- 3:40 PM Age of Einsel: Granddaughter Lisa Bastoni performs “The Age of Information” song
- 3:55 PM Circling The World On Film – Circlevision 360 Filmmaker Jeff Blyth
- 4:30 PM Looking Back At Tomorrow – Reflections on Five Years, Gift Reveal &
- What’s Next from the LBVHistory Crew
- 5:00 PM Finale
- *Information Subject To Change
** Appearing via pre-recorded video interview
RetroMagic Lunch Break
We have worked with Disney’s culinary team to craft a luncheon menu for the event that will bring back memories of favorite foods from Walt Disney World’s past and a few present favorites.
Disney chefs dug deep into the archives to find and source the original 1980’s era Handwich and we’re excited to bring the real genuine Handwich back as the centerpiece of your lunch options. The Handwich left the parks in the mid 1990’s never to return — until now! Four Handwich fillings are on the menu for your enjoyment.
In a nod to Disney-MGM Studio’s 30th anniversary the meal opens with a build your own Cobb salad bar. This customizable option also provides food choices for vegan and vegetarian guests.
For dessert, in addition to exclusive RetroMagic cookies there are two special treats. The Contemporary’s holiday bake shop offerings are legendary and a special baking of their superb chocolate peppermint cookies normally only available in November and December will be available at RetroMagic. Also on the menu is a true classic – Ambrosia salad!
Click the menu image above for full details (PDF)
- RetroMagic Celebration (Sunday, October 13th) – $100 per person.
- SOLD OUT –
EPCOT Forever VIP Reception* (Saturday October 12th) & Retromagic (Sunday, October 13th) – $225 per person – Tickets are limited due to venue restrictions!
- SOLD OUT –
EPCOT Forever VIP Reception ONLY* (Saturday, October 12th) – $150 per person – Tickets are limited due to venue restrictions!
Tickets do NOT include admission to any Walt Disney World Theme Park, parking or other Disney imposed fees/charges. All ticket purchases are final; refunds will only be provided if the entire event is cancelled. RetroWDW reserves the right to change venues and modify the plans to as required by Disney Event Services. This is a private event is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney World or D23.
We are pleased to offer attendees of RetroMagic weekend special hotel rates at two Walt Disney World resorts. These rates are available exclusively through our partner Upon A Star Travel.
Lodging reservations are fully booked; thank you for your interest.
Merchandise: T-shirts and more are available at www.retrowdw.com/supportus
Proceeds of this event benefit the Lake Buena Vista Historical Socieyt. Event Sponsorships welcome; Interesting service trades will be considered, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Notice: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place this event. By attending, you consent to and authorize RetroWDW and LBVHS to record you via audio, video or the similar to be used for distribution on our website.