RetroMagic – A 5th Anniversary Celebration
The Lake Buena Vista Historical Society cordially invites you to our 5th Anniversary Celebration:
- RetroMagic Celebration and Luncheon (Sunday October 13th) – 10a-5p, Contemporary Resort – Join us in the historic Ballroom of the Americas at the Contemporary resort for a day filled with stories and never before seen photos and artifacts from Disney legends, Cast Members, music and more!
- EPCOT Forever VIP Reception and Viewing* (Saturday October 12th) SOLD OUT– Approx 8:30p-10:30p – Enjoy a beverage and selection of snacks on the shore of the World Showcase Lagoon for a once in a lifetime chance to watch the new nightime show alongside all of our RetroMagic VIPs! (Includes admission RetroMagic Celebration on 10/13)
Tom K. Morris
|Michael Campbell||Tammy Tuckey|
|Jeff Blyth||Lisa Bastoni|
The event schedule will be published in plenty of time to plan your day. Our VIP presenters and the RetroWDW/LBVHistory team will include presentations related to:
- Walt Disney World: A Kingdom in Florida with Disney Legends Bob Gurr and Tom Nabbe
- The Spectacle of SpectroMagic with Ron Logan
- Exclusive video interview with Rolly Crump
- Building EPCOT with Imagineer Tom K. Morris & Artist Jim Sarno
- The Fort Wilderness Railroad with Michael Campbell
- Birthdayland with original Dreamfinder Ron Schneider
- The American Adventure in Song: A discussion and performance of “Two Brothers” by original artist Ali Olmo accompanied by Tammy Tuckey
- Presenting The World in 360 Degrees: A Discussion with Jeff Blyth director of Circlevision films
includingWonders of China, Timekeeper and more.
- The Age of Information: Original Communicore attraction song performed by Lisa Bastoni, granddaughter of the original attraction artist
- RARE never before seen artifacts including the original SMRT-1 model!
- Presentation of never before seen private films of WDW and a home movie of EPCOT Center from 1985
- Special RetroWDW gift for all attendees!
- This is a family friendly event, children are welcome as long as they have a ticket. (Children 3 and under do not require a ticket)
- And much, much, more!
All presentation content is tentative and subject to change.
** Appearing via pre-recorded video interview
RetroMagic Lunch Break
- Contemporary Resort’s Executive Chef and his team will present History in the Baking: The original Handwich. A build your own Handwich luncheon buffet is included with your ticket. Of course that won’t be the only throwback surprise in the lunch offerings.
- Light nonalcoholic refreshments
- RetroMagic Celebration (Sunday, October 13th) – $100 per person.
- SOLD OUT –
EPCOT Forever VIP Reception* (Saturday October 12th) & Retromagic (Sunday, October 13th) – $225 per person – Tickets are limited due to venue restrictions!
- SOLD OUT –
EPCOT Forever VIP Reception ONLY* (Saturday, October 12th) – $150 per person – Tickets are limited due to venue restrictions!
Tickets do NOT include admission to any Walt Disney World Theme Park, parking or other Disney imposed fees/charges. All ticket purchases are final; refunds will only be provided if the entire event is cancelled. RetroWDW reserves the right to change venues and modify the plans to as required by Disney Event Services. This is a private event is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney World or D23.
We are pleased to offer attendees of RetroMagic weekend special hotel rates at two Walt Disney World resorts. These rates are available exclusively through our partner Upon A Star Travel.
DISNEY’S ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT
Group Rate – Standard Room: $135.00 + 13.5% tax per room, per night.
Group Rate – Preferred Room: $151.00 + 13.5% tax per room, per night.
Rooms accommodate a maximum of four (4) Guests in two (2) double beds or one (1) queen and one (1) queen-size table bed. There will be a fee of $15.00 per person per night for 3rd and 4th adults (18 years old or older) in each room.
DISNEY’S CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT
Group Rate – Standard Room: $190.00 + 12.5% tax per room, per night.
Rooms accommodate a maximum of four (4) Guests in two (2) queen beds. There will be a fee of $25.00 per person per night for 3rd and 4th adults (18 years old or older) in each room.
Upon A Star Travel is a bricks and mortar agency located in PIttsburgh, PA specializing in Disney-related travel. They are incredibly easy to work with and are handling all of the travel arrangements for our VIP guests.
To book a room at one of these exclusive rates please contact
Independent Travel Agent w/ Upon A Star Travel & Concierge
Merchandise: T-shirts and more are available at www.retrowdw.com/supportus
Proceeds of this event benefit the Lake Buena Vista Historical Socieyt. Event Sponsorships welcome; Interesting service trades will be considered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Notice: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place this event. By attending, you consent to and authorize RetroWDW and LBVHS to record you via audio, video or the similar to be used for distribution on our website.