Listen to the Episode:
Welcome to Episode 21 of the Retro Disney World Podcast: “Listener’s Choice Q&A” – We appreciate your support and hope you have been enjoying each and every episode. Be sure to check out some of our previous shows.
This month we took a call for all of your questions; things you want to know, different things you remember and even some memories that we have forgotten about.
- We start off in Epcot discussing Figment and the Imagination Pavilion. The discussion also moves onto Spaceship Earth regarding continents projected with lasers and the Laserphonic Fantasy show on World Showcase Lagoon!
- RJ McBean is discussed with binaural audio and also our MGM Studios Opening Day Episode.
- A listener asks about a mention in the book Realityland about the Bay Hill Cottages and where Roy stayed, not Roy’s Cabin, during the construction of WDW. How & Brian have some seriously detailed information on this.
Links: Realityland book | “Sully” Sullivan’s book | Bay Hill Club & Lounge | Episode 17 |
- Todd’s book is discussed and compared to the current generation of WDW, analyzing his old tips and tricks.
- The Dreamfinder book, written by Ron Schneider – From Dreamer To Dreamfinder – We had a listener ask about this title and we give you some history on Ron.
- The anniversary cakes are discussed and also mass cake serving to park guests.
- Anthony asks about the AM radio station loop. How mentions a more in-depth article by the Parkology website.
Thank you so much for all of your questions, this is just a small sampling of the topics we discuss from our listeners. Not everyone made it to the show, but thank you so much for contacting us. Please contact us with your questions, comments and concerns; we love hearing from you – firstname.lastname@example.org
Huge number of correct responses this month. Congratulations to our winner, Christina, she guessed “Spectromagic”. Christina won the Disney News issue from 1985.
Prize Pot Items
As you may have heard, our year end prize this year will include a different prize from every month. So far, we have:
- An Orange Bird Yo-Yo from January
- A brochure from The World of Motion given away in February
- The March prize is a Golf Resort Mickey head logo golf bag tag
- An Epcot Center salt and pepper shaker set
- A Disney Glass Candy Dish
- A Tomorrowland Handbook
- A copy of ’84 Disney News
- and new this month……..a copy of The Walt Disney World Explorer CD Rom AND expired Discovery Island Tickets!
The pot will continue to grow each month with new and exciting prizes! To win the prize pot in December, just answer any audio rewind question each month for one entry.
We gave you the listener, a chance to answer a number of easy and super difficult trivia questions. In this episode, you hear our own How Bowers attempt the same questions our listeners did… See how he did and also see which listener won! Our listeners won some 3D printed items; a Peoplemover car & EPCOT Center Logos. Thanks for playing along, hope you were able to answer some of these great questions.
Interview with Ted
Ted Linhart is in the studio to discuss his passion, Disney documents. We hear all about his website, The History of Disney Parks Documents. Ted has an amazing collection you have to check out. Hope you enjoy our interview with him.
Be sure to get your shirt, iPhone case, tote bag, pillow or coffee mug today: www.retrowdw.com/supportus
Some of Our Latest Designs
The RetroWDW Event
November 19-20, D23 will be hosting an event at Walt Disney World. Our group is planning an event that weekend where you can interact with us, look at some vintage WDW artifacts, host a guest and even record a live podcast. This is all in the planning stages and we will be ironing out the details over the coming months. We are planning The Retro Disney World Lake & Lagoon Tour with your favorite hosts, showcasing all of the vintage pieces that are still there. Some of the final details will be shared with you on our next episode, promise!
Keep the calls coming, sharing your memories and giving us feedback. If you would like to call and leave us a message, please dial 978-71-RETRO.
We hope you have enjoyed this episode! If you have any questions, suggestions or find errors please email us email@example.com.