Donations for Tickets open April 11th at 1 pm Eastern:UPDATED as of May 20, 2023 Full details, guests list and more can be found at RetroMagic.net
We are pleased to announce we will host our next RetroMagic event celebrating 40+ years of EPCOT Center in Florida during EPCOT’s and Walt Disney World’s anniversary weekend, September 30th-October 1st, 2023.The event will be hosted at Disney’s Yacht Club Convention Center with a 90-minute welcome event on Saturday evening, September 30th, and the main stage event, Centorium Archive Display, and vendor area occurring all day on Sunday, October 1st. A very limited number of tickets will be available for an intimate Sponsor’s Lounge VIP Cocktail Reception held on Saturday evening prior to the opening ceremonies. Mingle with our VIP EPCOT pioneers, take advantage of early access to the Centorium display and vendor area, enjoy a culinary cabaret of hors d’oeuvre, and refresh yourself at an open bar. There will be a few surprise experiences exclusive to this VIP event.
Tickets and Pricing
- RetroMagic Celebration: 40 Years of EPCOT Center (Saturday Evening, September 30th, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM) and Sunday, October 1st
- General Admission: $150
- Gold Key Preferred Seating Closest To The Stage: $200 – SOLD OUT
- Sponsor’s Lounge VIP Cocktail Reception (Saturday, September 30th, 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.)
- VIP Event Ticket Only: $225 – SOLD OUT
- VIP World Passport (Tickets to both Saturday VIP Event + Gold Key Ticket with Preferred Seating to RetroMagic Celebration): $400 – SOLD OUT
|Sponsor’s Lounge VIP Event||Saturday Evening||Sunday||Preferred Seating||Centorium Access|
|VIP Event Ticket Only||☑||☑|
|VIP World Passport||☑||☑||☑||☑||☑|
Donations for Tickets open on April 11th at 1 pm Eastern:
Event DetailsEPCOT will be turning 41 and it is the 40th anniversary of the opening of Horizons, one of EPCOT Center’s marquee attractions. We are assembling a group of the preeminent Imagineers who worked on EPCOT Center to present at the event. Full details on participants will be released once final confirmations have been made. Many unique items, including photographs and videos, have been restored especially for this event and will make their debut this weekend. We know that EPCOT Center fans will not be disappointed! Notice: Filming, photography, and other recordings will take place at this event. By attending, you consent to and authorize RetroWDW and LBVHS to record you via audio, video, or the similar to be used for distribution on our website.
Special GuestsWe’re excited to have many Imagineers and executives who worked on EPCOT Center at the event to share their experiences and stories:
- Steve & Linda Alcorn – Electronic Engineers: World of Motion, Canada, China, France, The American Adventure, and more
- Tony Baxter – Disney Legend. Lead Designer: Journey Into Imagination
- Carl Bongirno – Disney Legend. Former President, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Russell Brower – Composer & Sound Designer: ImageWorks, Innoventions, The Living Seas
- Trevor Bryant – Production Designer: Horizons
- John Decuir Jr. – Concept Designer: EPCOT Center
- Dave “Davey” Feiten – Audioanimatronic™ Animator: EPCOT Center
- Bob Gurr – Disney Legend
- Tom Morris – Production Designer & Field Art Director: Journey Into Imagination
- Jerry Rees – Writer & Director: Cranium Command
- Tad Stones – Designer: Journey Into Imagination & World of Motion
- Richard Vaughn – Designer & Sculptor: Spaceship Earth
Now available! RetroMagic logo shirts and hats at https://www.retrowdw.com/supportus
Super excited for this event!
Thank you in advance. Hoping Ian allows us to celebrate 40th Saturday
Looking forward to next September/October. The last meeting in April was awesome.
Thanks so much for the advanced heads-up so I can get my room booked when my window opens! Can’t wait for this event!
Finally! An event I think we’ll be able to attend! Thanks for the very advance notice!
Look forward to another event. Any ideas / target where the event would be held (venue)? Just asking related to where to book a room when my booking window opens. It was great in April to be at Bay Lake Tower with the event at Contemporary. Thanks!
Where can we get RetroWDW hats?
Dang…have to wait a year but I know it will be worth it! The last one was awesome and I know this one will be too! Thanks guys…
Hope to make it to this one in 2023 – it will be my first RetroMagic!
Cannot overstate how much fun these are and what a good job These guys do. Bravo!
I can’t wait for this event! I’ve attended previous RetroMagic events as well as D23 and you blow the “official” stuff out of the water.
Yay! Can’t wait 🙂
Will you have any room blocks to book?
Oh, the irony. I used to work in Future World Attractions in Epcot back in the 80s. We’re having a reunion… on October 1, 2023. We’ve had to reschedule it twice already. I was considering booking a ticket just to attend Saturday night, but the parking situation has me thinking this was not meant to be. So it’s not that I don’t love y’all, but my fellow Future World Cast Members (friends for over 40 years) take priority for me. I hope you have a great event!
World passports should be worn around the neck as guests of 1980 Magic Kingdom would carry them
Hello my name is Sarah! I am a travel agent .. if you anyone needs help with getting rooms for this event. I am affiliated with Majestic Memories Travel and Vacations. I do have a Facebook page. Sarah Williams affiliated with Majestic Memories Travel and Vacations.. you can pm if you are interested. This looks like a really neat event! My link and my email is below!